Here's my pledge:
1. Contribute 15% to my Roth 401(k) a year plus receive 6% of my salary from the firm for a total of 21% contributed to retirement per year.
2. Save $1,300-$2,000 a month for investing in stocks for the long (not for retirement) using my value investing philosophies. This money will go towards my plan to buy a particular business I have in mind. If I change my mind, whatever!
3. Don't spend money on people who wouldn't spend their money on someone else.
4. Donate 12-15% of my income a year.
5. Re-evaluate myself when the times change; look for new things to learn to increase my value and ability to generate revenue for an employer or for myself.
6. Live below my means. Never buy what I can afford but always buy half or less than what I can actually afford.
7. Put God first in all that I do and let Him have all the glory.